Securing Cisco Networks with Open Source Snort® v3.0
In this self-paced course, Securing Cisco Networks with Open Source Snort®, students will learn how to build and manage a Snort® system using open source tools, plug-ins, as well as the Snort® rule language to help manage, tune, and deliver feedback on suspicious network activity.
This lab-intensive course introduces you to the open source Snort® technology, as well as rule writing. Among other powerful features, you become familiar with:
- How to build and manage a Snort® system
- How to update rules
- Snort® rules language
- The capabilities of Snort® when deployed passively and inline
The course begins by introducing the Snort® technology and progresses through the installation and operation of Snort®. You will discover the various output types that Snort® provides and learn about automated rule management including how to deploy and configure Pulled Pork, inline operations, and how to create custom Snort® rules, including advanced rule-writing techniques and OpenAppID.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Snort technology and identify the resources that are available for maintaining a Snort deployment
- Install Snort on a Linux-based operating system
- Snort operation modes and their command-line options
- Snort intrusion detection output options
- Download and deploy a new rule set to Snort
- Configure the snort.conf file
- Configure Snort for inline operation and configure the inline-only features
- Snort basic rule syntax and usage
- How traffic is processed by the Snort engine
- Several advanced rule options used by Snort
- OpenAppID features and functionality
- How to monitor of Snort performance and how to tune rules
This new Cisco self-paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery Labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.
|$1000,00 for 1 year of access|